Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Led message display EPE Mag 2006/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

pasicr

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
externla oled message display

Hi,
I use this software and hardware in my led message display. On original project text message is put in internal eeprom on pic16f628 and is limited to 128 characters.
I need help how can I implement external serial eeprom to enlarge number of text character.
I need schematis for connection serial eeprom to pic16f628 and please someone to tell me what I must change in code (attached), when I send message from my PC via rs232 until now I put text to internal eeprom, now I need to put them to external serial eeprom
regards

epe moving message display master

Hi to all,
this is zip file of averything what you need for led message display from epe mag 2006/11, but this software has to many bug's (to many run time errors),
regards

set up led display with pc

first
i think hex file for both master and slave are work fine. u need to disassemblel from hex to asm then coustomised ur requerment with mplab. thats it. u will find working mode.

ccs pcm compiler full download

Post complete magazine article, for undertanding the circuit and make my own...

tk, Gorkin

max6952 project+rar

here's the article

epemag

while were on the subject does anyone know where I can find more info about this schematic,I have a picture but that's it looking for the code

how to send message on led display

hi,
pasicr
u have posted epe2006/11 software but it also is not working in my sys
a file is missing what message is coming.
can u plz hlp me out.

led moving message example by ccs c compiler

I can't help you sajal,
I spend a lot of time on this software, but no result,
Too put scroll message to this display you may use hyperterminal from WinXP (Programs/accessories/Communications/Hyper Terminal)
Animate and static text is not supported
regards

scrolling message ccs c

pasicr said:
I can't help you sajal,
I spend a lot of time on this software, but no result,
Too put scroll message to this display you may use hyperterminal from WinXP (Programs/accessories/Communications/Hyper Terminal)
Animate and static text is not supported
regards

Hi pasicr
Can you explain more how to set up conection between PC and display?

ccs c external eeprom use scrolling massege

Hi,
Connection between pc and display is with com port. In hyper terminal set com port, speed is 9600, and use this command to set message:

; command codes:
; 1 Setup PIC ID numbers **
; 2 not used **
; 3 get & send on character data block **
; 4 receive normal data from PC for scrolling **
; 5 clear anim & static flags **
; 6 halt display **
; 7 receive animate display data from PC **
; 8 Sync Off **
; 9 Sync On **
; 10 not used by master; only by slaves ; send on received animate display data **
; 11 send on anim rate value **
; 12 receive message scroll rate **
; 13 code to select moving message mode **
; 14 code to select animation mode **
; 15 code to select static display mode **
; 16 moving message stop - not used by slaves **
; 17 check PIC IDs **
; 18 Stop animate mode **
; 19 Stop static mode **
; 20 Run Mode
; 21 Program Mode
; 22 slaves only
; 23 show sync
You must set switch for scroll message, other two switch in off position. (on led board (main) you have tree switch),
but I have a lot of problem, for example when I send some characters on display I see something different, now I buy communicator for serial connecting pc and display,
regards

led scrolling message for slaves

pasicr said:
Hi,
Connection between pc and display is with com port. In hyper terminal set com port, speed is 9600, and use this command to set message:

; command codes:

regards

Hi
I'm not shure I understand how to send command from hyperterminal? When I make connection with PC I can see what is happening when 'Capture text' is activated, but no way to send any command.

Regards

epe pic-mirror

Hi anybody,
finaly I acquire software to comunnicate with led message display EPE Mag 2006/11.
WORK VERY FINE, WITH POSSIBILITY TO SEND SCROLL MESSAGE AND STATIC TEXT, ALL WITH VARIABLE SPEED OF VIEW. (not include animation, yet).
Software is made in Microsoft DotNet.
If some body interest please send me private message,
regards

epe magazine led matrix display

Hi for all,
Communication software for led message display from EPEMag 11/2006 version 1.1
STATIC TEXT, SCROLLING TEXT, CUSTOM GRAPHICS ADD, SPEED CHANGE, REFRESH RATE CHANGE...
For more info send mail to PASICR@GMAIL.COM,
regards

epemag 3

For everybody ho made or have intent to made led message display from EPEMag 2006/11.
Originall software not work, to many errors,
For a good software for this project mail me
PASICR@GMAIL.COM
regards

mikroc 24256

Hello To all

pls cany any bedy donate me the points to download this zip file LEDmsgFiles.zip
i am very much interested in embeded till now i not able to learn can any bedy help me to build the moving message in css c and schematic i be so greatelfull just for learning purpose of if any bedy can made and sell thats also good

waiting for the reply

this my mail matrixembed@yahoo.com

pasicr

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
scrolling text with pic16f628

I am interested in creating moving message display with possibilities of sending scroll messages and static texts all with variable speed of view and custom graphics, refresh rate change and with the possibility of displaying accurate time, date and temperature.I would like that this moving message display shows messages in two rows, but that the upper message stands still for 30 secs, for example, and that the lower message shows time, date and temperature.My problem is the dimension of moving message display which should be from 40 to 60 cm ( width) and from 80 to 120 cm (length). I don't know if I should use LED diods 5 mm or LED dot matrix. I have found many schematics and projects but they are mostly incomplete or of inappropriate dimensions. Do you have any idea or schematic that is already made to suit dimensions that I need?I have experience with programming microcontrollers but not of this type and I would be grateful to anyone who can help me somehow.

Added after 1 minutes:

I am interested in creating moving message display with possibilities of sending scroll messages and static texts all with variable speed of view and custom graphics, refresh rate change and with the possibility of displaying accurate time, date and temperature.I would like that this moving message display shows messages in two rows, but that the upper message stands still for 30 secs, for example, and that the lower message shows time, date and temperature.My problem is the dimension of moving message display which should be from 40 to 60 cm ( width) and from 80 to 120 cm (length). I don't know if I should use LED diods 5 mm or LED dot matrix. I have found many schematics and projects but they are mostly incomplete or of inappropriate dimensions. Do you have any idea or schematic that is already made to suit dimensions that I need?I have experience with programming microcontrollers but not of this type and I would be grateful to anyone who can help me somehow.

60cm led message display

Hello To All

I am trying to build moving message display 6 of 5x7 using pic16f628 and 74hc595,uln2003a so far i build the hardware of 6 5x7

http://www.geocities.com/mdaslamknl/Videos/Image017.jpg this which i made

i don't no much about c learning MikroC compiler

what i am requesting is can any bedy give me simple and little code in ccs c compiler or in mikroC little code so that i can test and go further to implement this for my learning process

i be very thankful

hoping to get the help from my seniors person

thanks alot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back