Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Led Bulb Always On Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick703

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Friends,

Actually i have 3 220V LED Bulb and 3 Phase power (phase to phase 220V and Phase to Neutral 220V).

So i have connected Each LED Bulb One Side To Each Phase and All LED Bulb Other side To Neutral wire with series connected mcb.

So when i have Switch On or Switch Off MCB My LED Bulb is always On.

Please give me the Solution i do not want to cut each phase so i have cut only neutral to switch off all LED Bulb.

You right but phase to phase voltage is near t 400V.

and MCB stand for circuit breaker.

Hi,

Show the complete circuit.

Hand drawn is good.

Klaus

This is My diagram and I have connected Circuit breaker as a switch.

My All LED Bulb is always remain on

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-19 at 1.34.59 PM.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes as i said main post i don't want to cut all phase with switch / MCB.

any other option. because i have testing with only 3 LED bulb but actually i have doing with 45 more LED Bulb to turn off all with single Switch or MCB.

Last edited by a moderator:

yes 3 phase contractor is a option but i can not put it on main 3 phase line because every house has a other appliance(like tv, fridge and electricity) which is also turn off right?

so this is not a solution.
if i am wrong please clear me.

No matter which way you look at it, cutting the neutral line will not turn the lights off. You have already noted there is voltage between the phases and that is what makes them light up. The three phases are not carrying the same voltage, they carry the same waveform but phase shifted 120 degrees between them.

Surely the street lights have their own wiring, you need to isolate all three phases with a contactor but only on the wiring to the street lights. You can leave the neutral permanently connected if you wish although for safety reasons it would be wise to isolate it as well.

Brian.

Hi,

as you are aiming to control the streetlight (in front?) of 45 homes, why not using a light or time based control unit for each light bulb. I know this is done in couple of rural areas. But of course it depends on your budged and possibilities at the installation place.

BR

Thanks for all your support ,

I think to i have to go with relay board to control using micro controller.

Disconnecting neutral line you gain nothing. Star point becomes virtual neutral which does not have to be at 0V potential due to uneven phase loading.
Your led lamps, even ordinary incandescent will always be ON with your MCB closed or opened. You are only in risk that some appliances would be burned because of neutral lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back