Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Learning IR Receiver Project - A starting point....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DownUnderUK

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ir receiver project

Hi All,

I'm interested in expanding my electronics skills :D and have a small project in mind which will make use of a learning IR receiver. The receiver will act as a switch, will only require on/off and will need to l'earn' a single IR code of an existing remote control. I'm new to all things IR and am really looking for a starting point / basic guide to understanding how this could be accomplished.

Any help / tips / links very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Rick...

learn ir receiver

There is a commercial project called TV-Be-Gone that was cloned into a hobby project. Part of this project was the ability to learn new commands.

You can use that code base as a starting point in your design. Look at:

**broken link removed**

Scroll down to the TV-B-Gone Kit section and start reading. You will find links to schematics and code. While you can buy a kit with a PCB, there is also plenty of detail to build it from scratch. The circuit is quite interesting as it uses an IR LED as the IR receiver. I did not think it would work, but after testing it did work fine. The circuit is sensitive to external light so darken the room during the learning process.

Message is unavailable.

Have a look at this link with Seff learning IR transmitter.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back