Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCF Meter using PIC16f628

Status
Not open for further replies.
lcf metr

8) Does anybody have PCB layout for the same.

lc pic16f628

WPM'S Post - 3 post's up in the pdf file

lc f meter

8) What is the accuracy of this meter

lcf meter john becker

hi

check out these links some one improve the design to get it work better

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

pic lcf meter modification john backer

check out this link for hex and asm codes :D

**broken link removed**

lcf - meter

Hi all

LCF METER using 16F628 more version circuits?

lcmeter pic16f628

Will try to build it in 16F88 without using crystal oscillator but using internal oscillator which by the way even 16F628A has an internal oscillator built-in. Will bring results later hopefully.

pic 16f628 lc meter circuit

The links to h**p://www.epemag.com/megaconfucius/maxfieldandmontrose/....

Do you have to subscribe to epe or something - none of them seem to work.

lcfmeter pic

Hi

kl1k you can use "free link" but you must be a member a little bit longer first I think, read the rules. If you would have done so I would not have your last post removed.

Cl

lcfmeter.zip

I tried to do same project using 16F88 internal clock. I must confess I did not have luck using 16F88 for the same project.

Looks like the internal oscillator of 8Mhz was not enough to make all full calculations. Can anyone explain me why this happened? What is different of having same value of internal oscillator and internal one

What a disapointment. Sorry
djalli

pic 16f628 lc meter

my question is why did the guys at EPE use an external crystal. and why the 3.2768MHz crystal. is there something with this value. i mean about all of the EPE projects i have seen use a crystal of this value. is there something special about this? the 16F628 has an internal oscillator which is quite accurate (i think :? ) so why did they use an external crystal.

lcf meter

it seems to be john becker's thing to alaways use parts that nobody has easy access to or in a junk box,and when it comes to crystal's i'am always having to order special for them.stock your box with 5mhz,
3.2768mhz and 32.768kz crystals and you won't have to wonder why john becker does what he does :)

lc метр на pic16f628a

Let me first say that, as the developer, John can use whatever he wants to design his project and I don't understand why anyone should be upset about it. If you don't like what he's developed then "roll your own". And with that, I can tell you that because of the way the software is written, while the schematic does call for a 3.2768 MHz crystal, you can substitute either a 3.58 or 4 MHz crystal - which you should have no trouble locating in your junk box. The calibration routine which is built in to the program will allow you to compensate for the freq mismatch. I've tried both.

Mike

pic 16f628 meter

I mean't no disrepect to john becker.I was just stating my observation's on his projects choice of parts,I like his work but sometimes i have trouble gathering all the parts needed.being a newbie with pic's i build it the way the developer says even though it's usally a pain to get some of the parts,and i'am sure there's lots of others who do the same thing as me.i didn't know or think you could substitute the crystal thanks for that.
again i mean't no disrepect to john becker

lcf-metr pic

BBarney - sorry if it sounded like I was coming down on you, it wasn't intended that way at all. Nor was I defending John specifically. Actually my comments were meant to include everyone that designs something and then makes it available, either commercially or other means. In the case of EPE, the effort there is to allow you to learn more about areas that interest you and give you a working product at the same time. With the design work that I do, mostly for myself, my motto is "use what you have on hand" and that often decides what parts end up in the finished project. I've gone through some of John's PIC tutorials and, IIRC, the reason the the 3.2768 clock is used is based on his math routines within the program. The ratio factor is easier to run at this freq than others for less calculations. I may be wrong in this and I could go back and locate where I thought I got that impression. In any case, please don't be offended by my earlier post.

Mike

pic16f628

Hi all
That was a little bit forgotten theme, but I found this modification for EPE LCF meter:
**broken link removed**
I think that this will be usefull.
Good luck.

PS: I doh't have yet LC meter, and maybe I will make this instead AADE meter.

16f88 lcr meter

hi all,

I did these lcf meter but it isn´t work well i put the 68pf capacitor in circuit that in modifications doc im epe download section says but when i did it, i cant have precision in nf scale, the capacitances of for example 10 nf became 4.7 nf and whit an minipa multimeter it is 10.2 nf ,
Dos anyone had these problem too ???

thx alot.

dwtrig20 exe

bbarney said:
it seems to be john becker's thing to alaways use parts that nobody has easy access to or in a junk box

Really LOL! BTW, on which issue did LCF meter appeared?

lcf meter using pic16f628

I build LCF Meter, then if you want it I will sell it to you and I will sell this LCF Meter in a good can.

I made about ten parts and if you want more I will build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back