Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD screen with Altera DE2 board (verilog)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torlof

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm trying to get the display of this device working with an Altera DE2 board for a study project in verilog.

Here's my code so far: https://gist.github.com/Torlof/83dc8ba2fcda61d995eb/14409144feae74a68235ac17b119a86be14d53d2

It is in principle working, but I have the problem, that when I try to draw a 1 pixel frame on the edges of the display, I get a strange error. The left and right borders of the frame (hcount==0 and hcount==799) are working fine, but the top and the bottom line (vcount==0 and vcount==479) are not. The top line is not visible and the bottom line is not on the very bottom of the display, but shifted one line up (so the second last line of pixels is visible).
When I draw the frame using vcount==1 and vcount==480, I get the result that I want. However, 480 should be a line of blank pixels (my code also gives me blank=1 for vcount=480).

There are two explanations for this:
1) I damaged somewhere in my code. However, I've already quadruple checked it and can't figure out what could be wrong.
2) The specs in the manual of the LCD device are wrong and the back porch (bp) is not 10 lines but 11 lines.

So because I'm a beginner, I think it's more probable that I made a foolish mistake somewhere. Any helpful comments for solving this problem are really appreciated!!

Thanks a lot,
Torlof

Status
Not open for further replies.