Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD instead of LED, how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

velson

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
bascom 7 segment 4511

Hi!
I came across a schematics which I would like to build, but the original design uses LED displays (3 pcs - 7-segment, 13mm), not LCD what I would prefer. So, my question is: how can I alter the circuit so it can drive the LCD display (3½ or 2½ 7-segment digits). Thanx!
Here's the drawing:

4511 is a CMOS 7-segment driver, so it drives 7-segment displays... With this circuit is hard to do what you want to do, cause you would have to add lots of logic to drive your LCD... I suggest you to take a microcontroller and make new LCD drive... You can find lots about it on google

Reactions: yo9hnf

yo9hnf

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
You may use 8051 microcontroller.

you can use atmega 16 or 32 and download bascom compiler , there it's easy to use , contact me if you want to know more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back