Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lcd display with IR remote

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitesh joshi

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have to make a project in which I have to display content on LCD with help of RF or IR remote.
For example ,a button pressed on remote displays message "assembly line" on LCD..other button pressed displays "testing department" on LCD..
I want help with circuit diagram and other requirements related to this project....

Pl help....I will be very grateful...

If you have to design both uC board and RC then for RC you should have specific codes for each function and then the codes should br modulated with 36 or 38 or 40 KHz carrier and transmitted through IR led. At the uC board you have to use an IR receiver with demodulator which gives unmodulated data (code) as output and this o/p should be fed to uC and if the read code matches with any code pattern then function corresponding to that code should be executed like displaying different things for different codes.

Thanks for your reply..
But as I mentioned that a circuit diagram of the entire setup will be very useful.
Also can a rf remote be used in place of IR?
Also if someone can list the components required along with circuit diagram ,I will be grateful...
Its urgent..

Thanks

Hi Friend,

I suggest you to use RF remote controller because it has long range compare to IR and need not place in face to face direction which is needed in IR remote control.

I think, you can get RF remote control ready made from market, you need not to make yourself.
For receiver side decoding, you can get advice from your RF remote control suppler and write program for LCD in microcotroller.

Regards,

Pl people help me with project..
As I am new into this and I have to submit this project before 20th July...
To clarify more about this project,I just have to disply three texts on LCD with a remote i.e when button one is pressed it displays one text,with 2nd button pressed displays other text and so on.text which are to be displayed are-
1) mechanical assembly
2) electrical assembly
3) testing

Pl I someone can let me know the components I will require along with the circuit diagram,I will be very grateful to him.

Pl help..

Hitesh joshi

Last edited:

I already provided you a link. All you have to di is have 3 or 4 buttons at the Transmitter and then write code for the buttons like if button1 is pressed send 0x01, for button2 send 0x02 like that and then and the receiver you read data and then decide what to display depending upon data received like

if data received is 0x01 then display mechanical assembly, if data received is 0x02 then display electrical assembly. The code can be written within 15 minutes using mikroC. Your code will fit in 2K demo limit of mikroC. So, download mikroC and read about UART and LCD libraries in the mikroC help.

The components are also shown in the circuit in that link. You have to add a pot for LCD and an LCD.

LCD Module Control over IR Link
https://avtanski.com/projects/lcd_serial/

LCD_serial.png

Best regards,
Peter

;-)

@jayanth.devarayanadurga
Sir thanks for the reply..
Sir how to add pot for the LCD which u mentioned in your reply above...
And also sir how to program the ic,I mean how to enter the program in the ic.

Hitesh

I am facing an issue..I have a circuit that shows how to interface tx n rx with pic16f877a but how to interface LCD on that too.
The LCD will be interfaced at the receiving end along with rx
Pl help..its urgent.

Hitesh joshi

Try this Circuit.

93048d1372614651-rfrc.png

Attachments

• rf_remote_control.PDF
    66 KB · Views: 151
  • rc.rar
    143.2 KB · Views: 107
  • rfrc.png
    rfrc.png
    46.4 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

Hi Friend,

As you mention in one of your post that you have to submit this project before 20th July..., i frankly suggest you that purchase any ready made project from market which is similar to your requirement.
Because this type of project made by self is time consuming process and impossible to complete in just 20 days by guy which doesn't know how to program microcontroller.

Regards,

Thnks jayanth sir..
Right now I will be first completing the circuit,once its done will
Look for code...
If anyone can help me with the code.....

Hitesh

Status
Not open for further replies.