Status
Not open for further replies.

alpha91

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all, I am learning the custom LCD character which interface withIC 16f628a interface.
My code is as below which i refer online. It works, but i am not understand some part of the code which i highlighted. Can anyone try to explain to me?

Considering that you did not mention exactly which alphanumeric display controller were used, by some guesing:

Code:
Lcd_Cmd(64); // [B]Base address where customized character is going to be stored[/B]
for (i = 0; i<=7; i++) Lcd_Chr_CP(character[i]); // [B]Sequentially stores each of the 8 subsequent rows [/B]

Sorry about that, i am using a 16x2 LCD module.
Lcd_Chr(pos_row, pos_char, 0);

How about this row?

Hi,

The bold code generates a custom character. Here it is an icon, a little heart.

Klaus

Hi,

The bold code generates a custom character. Here it is an icon, a little heart.

Klaus

Hi, thanks. yes, because i wrote this code.
but i want to understand how the code works row by row because i am using the MikroC generator to do this.

Description in quote above.

The saved graphic character will be displayed if you write a character code =00.

The first 8 character codes are mapped to the CGRAM, so you may use up to 8 such graphics. They will normally also repeat for the next 8 chr codes. before the characters in the charactr ROM. So instead of using code 00, you get the same character for code 08. This is practical when you write strings in C, since '00' is the end-of-string character.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.