Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Layout what am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk44

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Greetings !
I am making a single sided PCB, using Eagle 6.2. And using the transfer method of etching. I have made them before and have never had this problem. When I print (laser print) I "mirror" image, all black, print it and have almost etched it when I discover the Arduino pins are on the wrong side. This is a "shield" so to speak by the way. I am using an "Arduino Uno R3" part from adafruit and just before etching I find the "Arduino" pins, power and digital are on the wrong side for the foil to be placed down. I have some screw connectors to be placed on the top side. I have tried both "mirror" and "NOT mirroring" the image both have problems. I have made single and double sided boards before and never had this problem. Can anyone suggest what I may be doing wrong? :?:
Much thanks in advance.
David

Sometimes you might have put some items on the solder side rather than on the component side. Because it is a partial mistaken in the placement design, it cannot be corrected by "mirror" or "nomirror" options.

Reactions: Hawk44

Hawk44

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank you, very very much. Sort of one of those things you just don't want to be true, but it is. Will check it out today. Just needed to talk it out with someone else. Wife said she didn't have a clue as to what I was talking about. I have done that with smaller parts but told myself couldn't be the problem here, I'd have to do the whole thing over..... I'll be back with results.

Thanks again for your time and thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back