Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

laser based communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

demetal

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

i want to do a project on laser based communication system as my final year project.... i have completed till the UART communication between two 16f877A with keypad to send data.... its working well in wired connection... but i need a wireless laser communication.... can any one suggest a circuit for this laser transceiver ..

thank you.

Hope these give you some ideas..................

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Regards KAK

can i use IR sensor TSOP 1738 for receiving ..... can you suggest any good sensors.....

It depends on wavelength of used laser

look picture.............

View attachment IR_Ver_Visib_.pdf

as you see IR sensor TSOP 1738 has max sensitivity point at wavelength 950nm.

If laser has same wavelenght it is OK.
BUT if you use red laser wavelength is about 700...750nm and this sensor can not even
see this "colour" wavelength.

You must select receiver so that it has max. sensitivity at used laser wavelength.

Regards KAK

I am using a red laser pointer.... which having wavelength 640nm-680nm..... is there any sensor to detect this range.... please help....

thank you.

If you are seeking detecor from datasheets , here is spectral example for good receiver..........
http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/sipdresp.gif

good reading for your project , this is nice receiver capable for 115 kb/s .............................
**broken link removed**

This is the receiver diode for above circuit
Notice, that this component is photodiode , it needs more amplification than phototronsistor

SFH213 pdf, SFH213 description, SFH213 datasheets, SFH213 view ::: ALLDATASHEET :::

One problem is this:
Crystal have stopped producing the DIL version of the CS8130. The SSOP version doesn't fit the PCB, and is so small it's very difficult to solder by hand.
The specified laser diode is also out of production.
But try if you can find equivalent components. ( Ask help from component dealer.)

Regards KAK

Last edited:

A simple solar cell removed from a cheapest calculator too will work fine as a receiver frontend.
Cheers

A simple solar cell removed from a cheapest calculator too will work fine as a receiver frontend.
Cheers

can you upload any circuit using solar cell which is capable of receiving data from lases signal...

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back