Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Large signal S from small signal S

Status
Not open for further replies.

gecky

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

is it possible to extract the large signal S-parameter from small-signal S in ADS?

In particular, I need the info for NE76184A. ADS has the non-linear model but how do i use it? As per a normal 2-port (after the appropriate DC biasing)?

Many Thanks!

design the bias circuit such that prevent the RF signal to be coupled to the DC path
use Rf choke and be sure that the DC signal is isloated
use block capacitors

and then u have the two port network of the transistor and simulate with LSSP not S Param
thats it

khouly

Hi Khouly,

Thanks! This is for my DRO.... so will it be right for me to say that if I design the gamma looking towards the DR (call it gamma_DR) to be 1/(LSSP S11), then I should get oscillation?

Previously I use the small-sig S but i see no relation between gamma_DR and S11..... so i have some problem explaining the theory....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back