Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

laptop spilled beer what will i do

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcssanjose

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi i have sony vaio laptop accidentally i spill a cup of beer, laptop has power but processor is not heating , fan is not working, but when i put battery its charging

Hi,
The power supply has gone defective on machine side. You have get it checked by some technical expert. Better get it done as early as possible before the seepage of this liquid in the PCB.
Good Luck

My son did this also. Buy a new laptop, and don't drink beer near it in the future.

In general when electronics get wet:
1) REMOVE ALL POWER AND BATTERIES IMMEDIATLY! The electricity will cause rapid corrosion.
2) Flush it with clean water.
3) As soon as you can, take it apart so the pieces can dry. Avoid drying it with anything that makes static electricity.
4) If there is visible corrosion try scrubbing the area with alcohol or Coca Cola followed by clean water. The slight acid in the Coke actually helps cleaning.
5) Recognize that with most small electronics your chances of success are slim.

Status
Not open for further replies.