Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Laplace feedback controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinkerz1

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If I what to find the low mid and high frequencies from continuous data, what would be the best solution.

I am using FFT but that is discrete time, I feel I miss the information in the time stamps.

Would the continuous fourier transform be better?

And if I want to implment a control loop on it would laplace work on continuous and discrete?

Tinkerz

Hi Tinkerz1
First of all you wrote
I am using FFT but that is discrete time, I feel I miss the information in the time stamps.
As far as information content is concerned, if the sampling time meets Nyquist Criterion, then no information is lost during transformation of continuous time signal to discrete time.
In fact DFT (or FFT) is the only tool that a computer can compute and you can visualize the spectrum of the signal. If you want to increase the resolution of signal then take more points FFT.
Secondly
And if I want to implment a control loop on it would laplace work on continuous and discrete?
Laplace is for continuous time and Z transform is for discrete time. You can find H(s) or H(z) from H(z) and H(s) respectively by various methods like impulse invariance, step invariance etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back