Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Labview to control parallel port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arkon

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
labview parallel port

Can anyone have try to use Labview to control parallel (I mean to access parallel port)?

Give ma some help, please

arkon

parallel port labview

The quick'n'dirty way (in win9x) is to use
Functions > Advanced > Port I/O > In Port.vi and Out Port.vi
You can read or write to SPP/EPP addresses by using these functions.

The better way is to call external dll, that is written for LPT access.
W*driver is an easy tool to make such dll.

I heard that VISA controls can be used.

labview parallel port control

Hi,

You can use functions "In Port.vi" and "Out Port.vi" also in Windows XP.

Regards,

parallel-port control with labview

Post edited by Cluricaun
After I study Labview for couple days, it seems pretty nice to use it to control parallel port.

Labview with professional version costs $2000 USD. However, you can use Evaluation version with 30 days. I guess it's enough to finish your project.

If you are interested on the Labview software. There are few books ready for you to download from the download/upload for the ebook forum. please go to take a look.

benri22

parallel port+labview

I am sure that Labview can access to the parallel port, but how about USB? Does anyone know it?

parallel port + labiew

Does anyone who use Labview give me a bit education. How much Labview can access to the PC hardware?

benri22

labview port i/o

I've got an example with a cycnal-testboard. I didn't write it by myself, but the author used the Call Library Function to load a *.dll. He used it for initialisation but also for communication.

I know thats not very much, but it could give you an idea.

Greets sensej

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back