Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

L293d motor driver ic

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i just have to connect up the inverter as mention? and connect up the rest u mention earlier?

Basically yes, search for a inverter circuit, e.g. 74HCT04,74HC14, CD4069, CD4093(also can be used for).

i have this problem now.. i suppose to use IR Emitter and IR reciever sensors so that my motor will stop running once the door is fully open and fully closed. you have any idea how am i going to go about doing this?

One idea how to modify the circuit. :cool:

Let’s consider this circuit. I assume we are using optical sensors to control the Enable input of the driver circuit. The optical sensors output level change ‘ high’ for a temporary activation. Each sensor activation create a short pulse changing the status of the flip-flop circuits and disable the driver motor circuit.
Each time we send a new code for the motor section the logical circuits change also the status for the flip-flop circuits and thus enabling the motor driver circuit.

Attachments

• Controller ON_OFF.png
    Controller ON_OFF.png
    100.1 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
thanks man helped me to understand a lot.. a few questions though.. what is decoder ouput? i think u mean the receiver output? and here are my sensors im using, just wondering if its possible to fit the circuit.

Emitter.pngReceiver sensor.pngEMITTER="The IR Emitter Circuit is a small piece of PCB consisting of power supply port, resistor and a IR emitter. Its purpose is to provide the IR Receiver a light source to change its output logic signal."

RECEIVER= "The output logic is tied to the controlling part when the logic reading change, the motor will stop running. Therefore the motor would stop the door when fully closed and stop the door when full opened."

bumppppp.................

.. what is decoder ouput?
That's the HT12D output. (decoder)
You may use any optical sensors, as long the sensor output level = 'high' for detecting the door closed/opened.
I was assuming opened door/ closed door cut the IR beams, forcing the sensors output to jump for a high level. So, in absence of the door the IR receivers get enough signal to keep the outputs to a low level.

By the way, there’s a mistake in your optical receiver drawing, reverse the IR photodiode (change also the symbol type in use).

Last edited:
can i use your circuit and replace with my sensors circuits instead? and u show me how i can do that? and whats wrong with my IR photodiode? its in the wrong direction ?

and the decoder output, i only can use 1 bit.. so thats why i need 2 (2 to 4 decoder), 1 to control the enable and the 2nd one to control 4 possible function..

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.