Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] ks0066 C driver in 8 bits mode for GDM1602A display

Status
Not open for further replies.

joseMiguel

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I use a C driver for KS0066 in 4 bits mode and with my students, and it works.
Now 2 of my students have done a board design in 8 bits mode.
Together, we have modified the init sequence, but it does not work well at all.
we send only one time the data instead of twice.

could you help us please sending some stuff in 8 bits mode or i can send to you my software.
regards
JoseMiguel

Well according to the manufacture the KS0066 is fully HD44870 compatible.

Can you zip up your project and let me take a look at it? Also, what compiler are you using?

By the way, due to the unusual system clock configuration properties of the 18F4550, let me ask a question before we get started. Do all three designs have the same OSC source and frequency, i.e. the all three use an external 20MHz crystal for the OSC source?

Not ensuring the system clock is configured correctly can really play havoc on delay routines, especially on the 18F4550. I've had individuals think they were running a 4MHz system clock when in reality they were clocking 48MHz on a 18F4550 due to the USB & PLL clocking feature.

Hi bigdogguru,
I have already change the delays.
So i have used the logic analyser and we found some shorts on the data bus.
The PIC18F4550 was running but the bus was stucked.
I will give to you some news, so this student was a little bit worry because within 9 days she must present her job.
Thank you again for your kindness.
People together are stronger and some times we forget that, specially in our job.
JoseMiguel

Hi BigDogGuru,

We find the issues, hardware problem plus we miss to declare ADCONbits=0x0F to specify that ports RA0 and RA1 was used as digital ports.
So thank you again for you help.
Regards
JoseMiguel

Hi Jose Miguel,

No problem. I've been quite busy with a couple of contract jobs, so I've not been as active here as normal.

If you need any other help, just PM me.

Ciao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back