Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

KLYSTRON, where can I buy one of these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramjeng

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, Im from the philippines, and I need to know where can I find a Klystron, I'm hoping to find one within our country, but if it isn't posible, where can I find a good one? I need one for microwave oven purposes, where can I find one?

You do realize that most microwave ovens use "magnetrons", not "klystrons". Go on ebay.

I know that most of them uses magnetron, but I want to know where I can find a magnetron, I'm hoping to find one that has 2.45 Ghz frequency (just like a magnetron's frequency in a microwave) and a particularly small one.

I saw some at ebay, but some of them are vintage and I don't think its very advisable to use them...

buy one from your microwave service person. it is the cheapest way.

hock

I tried that, but they only sell magnetrons from microwave ovens, Im hoping to find a klystron in one of the, but so far there's no luck... is it really very hard to acquire one of these?..

why you want to use klystron?
The Klystrons is very expensive.
The magnetrons more cheap and have optimum ratio unite power to weight.
For experiments the magnetrons is preferred

Its for a certain design, we want to implement klystrons instead of magnetrons hoping to get better results in this project...

klystrons have better frequency characteristic, low efficiency, high supply voltage and cost.
In our experiments we are using magnetrons IMHO its better decision.
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back