Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

KiCAD is mis-placing schematic symbols

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

opampsmoker

Hi,
I work on Kicad on a computer in the office. Then when i go home, i copy the kicad project and libraries…and load them on my computer at home. For some reason it then looses a lot of the symbols in the schem when i re-open the kicad schem at home.
It must know what they are because it puts a question mark in the schem and writes down in words exactly what the symbol was (the ‘value’ field).

I can individually click each question mark and then get the correct symbol put back in there…but this takes a lot of time.
Do you know how i can avoid this happening?..or how i can quickly “re-incarnate” the symbols?

Also, library paths on your home computer should match library paths on your office computer.
Thanks, oh sure, when i move to the new computer i tell kicad where the library now is.....but it still cant find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back