Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Keyboard interfacing LCD and Virtual Terminal over 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keklja

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all.
I made 24-letter keyboard in Proteus and idea is to show letters on LCD and Virtual Terminal when I push buttons. On LCD is working great but on my Virtual Terminal there is problem. When i push button on Terminal show that letter 2 times for example when I push "A" button on LCD it shows one time but on my terminal 2 times. In this .rar file is all my files that I used. If anyone could help me I'll be very thankful.

p.s. Sorry for bad english View attachment keyboard.rar

Right Click on Virtual Terminal and Check Whether Echo Type Character is checked or not.

If checked unchecked it...

May be this is the problem..
Otherwise give some delay..

I didnt have that option on Virtual Terminal but i add some delay and now its working. Thank you. Now i would like to make communication in other way. I wont to push any letter on may physical keyboard in Virtual Terminal and it should be shown on LCD display but I have no idea hoe to do that. I now that it must be ascii kod for may letters and LCD needs to be configured in way that one letter is after another in row, not to change previous letter with next...

that doesn't help me with my problem. I need to to have communication from virtual terminal to lcd. When i press button on my physical keyboard it should be shown on lcd....

Status
Not open for further replies.