Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

keyboard connection troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitallan

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i have a trouble about ps/2 keyboard system.
when i connect 10m empty cable (nothing connect other side) to ps/2 keyboard port then my ps/2 mouse is locking. cable only connected, there are no connection on other side pins and no short circuit ,all pins are empty. i want to learn how can do this. can anyone explain to me?

thanks

On 2001-10-13 10:44, digitallan wrote:
hi
i have a trouble about ps/2 keyboard system.
when i connect 10m empty cable (nothing connect other side) to ps/2 keyboard port then my ps/2 mouse is locking. cable only connected, there are no connection on other side pins and no short circuit ,all pins are empty. i want to learn how can do this. can anyone explain to me?

thanks

You get lots of eletrical noise with a 10 meters cable acting as an antenna !! Using a shielded cable may help but it is still way out of spec.

Best regards,
Alexg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back