Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[51] Keil Similar Compilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

parameshgolla

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am using 78M6631 Teridian Power management Microcontroller and keil compiler to program. But, as the code size exceeds 2kb the limitation for free version i couldn't build my project.

Can any one suggest me a free compiler tool which can build with out any licence requirements and any code size limitations...???

By the way also 78M6631 controller should be supported by the tool...

I have tried below compiler nut couldn't find any fruitfull result :

1) SDCC
2) Coocox
3) Reads51

All the above compilers doesn't have support for 78M6631 controller.

Hi,

I don't think you can find a free tool with 78M6631 Support, but you can add 78M6631 Support to SDCC.

Several years ago when Dallas Semiconductor (Now Maxim) released 89C420 single cycle 8051 , there was no available tool for it and they had an application note that has sddc_reg420.h in it for SDCC. it's here : https://www.maximintegrated.com/app-notes/index.mvp/id/3477

Check that Application note and download 78M6613 SDK from Maxim Site. In that SDK there is Library Folder and IncludePublic folder that has all header files.
If i remember correctly, you may (or many not) need some small modification and all of them will work with SDCC and you can use them with SDCC. ( check the difference between SDCC_reg420.h and the keil version for getting an idea about changes you may need)

P.S. it was about 6-7 years ago that i had this problem and everything workout this way.

Hi,

Thank you for the response!!

I don't think you can find a free tool with 78M6631 Support, but you can add 78M6631 Support to SDCC
Can you give me some instructions as how would i accomplish this? Am new bee in SDCC, I have gone through some documnets but not couldn't find clear information.

I have downloaded 78M6631 SDk and can see Library folder which has all the header files.

Some guidance as how can i use this SDk in SDCC will be helpfull.

Thanks in advance !!

Looking forward for your reply!!

Hi,

Thank you for the response!!

I don't think you can find a free tool with 78M6631 Support, but you can add 78M6631 Support to SDCC
Can you give me some instructions as how would i accomplish this? Am new bee in SDCC, I have gone through some documnets but not couldn't find clear information.

I have downloaded 78M6631 SDk and can see Library folder which has all the header files.

Some guidance as how can i use this SDk in SDCC will be helpfull.

Thanks in advance !!

Looking forward for your reply!!

Hi,

If i remember correctly, for adding 89C420 to SDCC , i just copied "sdcc_reg420.h" from end of that application note to Include Directory of SDCC.
For Example : d:\Program Files\SDCC\include\mcs51

and add : #include "sdcc_reg420.h" at the start of my C file.You can also copy files to any directory and add it as an extra include path to SDCC.In other word you must have these files somewhere that sdcc can see it.

Please consider this : DS89C420 isn't as complex as 78M6631 and you may need some modification , but i think at least you can add the 8051 core to sdcc easily.

For an open source ide you can check MCU8051ide at : http://mcu8051ide.sourceforge.net/

if you install it, it detects sdcc path automatically when you install sdcc.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back