Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ka-band Varactor Diode SPICE Model for Frequency Doubler

Status
Not open for further replies.

engrvivs

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have been assigned a project to implement an RF frequency multiplier that doubles the frequency from 15-GHz to 30-GHz. The circuit is to be implemented through planar microstrip based hybrid MIC (microwave integrated circuit) technology.

I am thinking of implementing reactive doubler using varactor diode. However, I am not able to find suitable varactor chips whose SPICE models are also available for simulation on ADS.

Can anyone suggest me certain varactors chips, whose SPICE models are available (say even in datasheets) and that allow Ka-band operation?

Thanks in Advance,
Regards,
Vivek

Thanks for your response!

Just to clear a doubt... in case one uses Schottky diode for frequency doubling, will it be used in forward biased mode to implement a 'resistive' frequency multiplier?

In any case, it will be of immense help, if someone may suggest certain surface mountable diodes that are useful at Ka-bands and whose SPICE models are available for simulation through ADS.

Yes, the diode should be forward biased.
To get good conversion gain the same importance as the diode bias, is the diode matching at fundamental and harmonics.

Thanks for the clarification. The website that you mentioned will indeed be of help to me in comparing the performance of my design with the commercially available multipliers. Thanks for that too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back