Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

JTAG Wiggler connections ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogdanm

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
wiggler jtag

Hi all,

I've built an ARM board with an AT91M40800 from Atmel and now I'm trying to do some debugging using OCDemon tools and the arm7LibRemote program which is supposed to convert from the GDB Serial protocol to JTAG commands for the OCDemon JTAG Wiggler connected on the LPT port. Trouble is, I don't have the wiggler. Does anybody know the connections on this device? It's supposed to be very simple, only a few level shifters, but is quite expensive (150USD or something) and I don't want to buy it :) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

wiggler jtag schematic

Thank you, I knew about that site, but are you sure that the device described there uses the same LPT connections as the OCDemon Wiggler?

wiggler schematic

bogdanm said:
Thank you, I knew about that site, but are you sure that the device described there uses the same LPT connections as the OCDemon Wiggler?

Yes, it is compatible with Wiggler !

wiggler circuit

Hi, have a look here :)

jtag wiggler schematic

this is the sch file of wiggle(protel)

ocdemon wiggler

HI gentlemen
Could i use this wiggler with the Triscend E5 chip?

a 51 core with jtag

stb02500 jtag

I want to upload the pcb file, but system tell me that "the remote server have closed"

macraigor wiggler schematic

to eltonjohn:
the wiggler is only a hardware,if you want to used for Triscend E5 chip,it need software support.

ocdemon internal error 43

to eltonjohn
I know that Wiggler was supported in FastChip 2.2.0. From the command line, start "spiderd -c ARM_Jtag_Wiggler" to use the Wiggler cable with the A7. This uses MaCraigor's ARM drivers. I don't know if this way can be used with E5 chips.

vladz

ocdemon error 43

To jingtl:
i download the file Wiggler JTAG SCH.rar
and see that it's for IAR,does it compatibale with the one provided by MaCraigor's?

jtag qualcomm

Hi BenKropp,
What is the second chip in Wiggler JTAG. Can't read from picture.

Thanks.

simple wiggler jtag

Hi petarpav,

it's also a AC244

wiggler sch file

BenKropp said:
Hi petarpav,

it's also a AC244

Not, this chip is LCX244,
Low Voltage Buffer/Line Driver with 5V Tolerant Inputs and Outputs

ocdemon error internal error 43

Hi Dainis and peterpav,

it is a AC244 ... please have a look

wiggler jtag cable

BenKropp said:
Hi Dainis and peterpav,

it is a AC244 ... please have a look

Ok, but I have Orcad schematic, when second chip ( that is connected to JTAG) connector is LCX244, it using for converting LPT 5V levels to JTAG 3.3V levels, better is using AHC244, because this chip have more wide power supplay voltage and 5V tolerant inputs ....

jtag wiggler schematics

i have some sch and pcb abt jtag for arm,

jtag stb02500

Does anyone know the buit in resistor values for the DCT114 transistor? Better yet, what kind of DCT114 transistor it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.