Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

JTAG, and the window interface program, Any idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcit

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am now thinking using the JTAG as the I/O to communicate between PC and the DUT (Device under test). Before, I was using the Visual Basic as Window program to talk to DUT (using RS232).

Anyone have idea or done it before, can tell me how to do this job?

Thank very much.

BCIT

Yes, This is quite new topic for the testing. However, you might thinking to pick up some other software which developped by others. I have similar siuation as you.

Keep in touch.

benri22

I possible to use JTAG cable III/IV to programming xilinx PLD without to use IMPACT?.
Is possible to make a program like IMPACT?
Thanks

I possible to use a software like JTAGTOOLS, it's free, to communicate with PC.

picus said:
I possible to use JTAG cable III/IV to programming xilinx PLD without to use IMPACT?.
Is possible to make a program like IMPACT?
Thanks

Check this site: h**p://www.jtag.tk
They provide different command-line open-source tools, in particular one for Xilinx Virtex configuration. I tested - it works OK, even faster than Impact.

Ace-X.

Does anybody know tools for programming SPI Flash (e.g. STM
M25Pxx devices) via JTAG?

All tools that I find work only with parallel FLASH devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back