Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] JHD162a lcd interfacing problem with pic16f877a

Status
Not open for further replies.

tengale

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello friends,
I am Third year Electronics and telecommunication student.I am working on electronic lock with password based systeme.I have used MPLAB software.
I have used PIC16F877a microcontroller.I have used JHD162a lcd module for displaying message.Project work fine in proteus 7.7.
But when run in hardware the LCD shows solid black boxes in first line and nothing on second line.I have made connections 4 times correctly.
There are no loose connections too.I do not know what to do.I have attached my project files below. Please help me.View attachment proteus files.zip circuit diagram.pngView attachment final elock.zip

Debugging :

0. Make sure your port is working fine...!!! (very common mistake). Put some leds on your port and turn them on and off. In PIC16f877a whole PORTA is an analog input and NOT DIGITAL I/O !!!
1. Turn Off all the unused peripherals of microcontroller which are not in use...LIKE ADC, Timer...etc (Some are ON by default in PIC micros....like ADC)
2. Checking the contrast pin, (it should be set with the pot) on extremes LCD shows nothing...
3. In program you should give appropriate delays between various instructions for LCD...(less delay creates problem while interfacing in real life)

If nothing helps...increase the delay to 1s between each data going to LCD and PUT LEDs on the port and check that desired data is going out of the PIC....

hello. I have change the init_value = 0x3 to init_value = 0x30 but then also lcd is not showing output. problem is not solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.