Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

JDM programmer hardware help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

c36041254

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
jdm-progammer

I have made a JDM progammer and now tryinig to test it by the following steps which I got from:
**broken link removed**

THESE ARE THE TESTING STEPS:

(1) If you're using Windows and ic-prog (which I'm using!), then go to Settings | Hardware Check. Plug in the programmer and leave the IC socket empty. You should observe the following:

(2) Using a multimeter, measure the voltage on the IC socket between pin 5 (-) and pin 14 (+). It should be just below 5V.
(3) When you tick Enable Data Out, the Data In checkbox should also become ticked (and vice versa). You cannot directly tick the Data In checkbox.
(3) Measure the voltage between pin 5 (-) and pin 13 (+). It should read around -2V to -2.5V. When you tick the Enable Data Out checkbox, it should swing to 4.5V to 5V.
(4) Measure the voltage between pin 5 (-) and pin 12 (+). Tick the Enable Clock box and it should go to +5V (or a little more). Untick it and it should return to 0V (actually about -0.5V to -0.8V).
(5) Measure the voltage between pin 5 (-) and pin 4 (+). Tick the Enable MCLR box and it should go to +12V. Untick it and it should return to 0V (actually about -0.5V).

The thired step, bolded letters is what I am getting as +3.15V which should be -2V to -2.5V, after that every thing is right, I mean every thing except this bolded letters only, not the whole steps!!
PLEASE HELP ME!! :cry:
Schematic on the link.(scrol up in given link)
I tried to programe 16f628, IC prog detects the PIC writ in it too, but on verification it shows "UNABLE TO VERIFY ON ADDRESS 0000H".

Re: JDM hardware help

c36041254 said:
I have made a JDM progammer and now tryinig to test it by the following steps which I got from:
**broken link removed**

The thired step, bolded letters is what I am getting as +3.15V which should be -2V to -2.5V, after that every thing is right, I mean every thing except this bolded letters only, not the whole steps!!
PLEASE HELP ME!! :cry:
Schematic on the link.(scrol up in given link)
I tried to programe 16f628, IC prog detects the PIC writ in it too, but on verification it shows "UNABLE TO VERIFY ON ADDRESS 0000H".

there is a revised version which takes care of Vpp before Vdd. called JDM B
Attached the relevant info for ready reference. Hope it serves.

Sarma

JDM hardware help

better programmer ...RS232 ..
**broken link removed**
software WinPic 800 no problem

Status
Not open for further replies.