Mousei

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
jdm programmer

Hi list,

I am new in this field and trying to built an in circuit programmer (schematic attached) for dsPIC30F2010. When i connect my circuit to serial port the error comes "unable to detect device", while it is working with PIC18F and other devices.

Thanks in advance

jdm programmer schematic

Forget this and go foe a better programmer. Our aim should be faster approach to new chips like what you selected. I suggest that you get one PICKIT2 and it would make your life easy.

winpic programmer

Thanks 4 reply,

I tried the schematic on JDM programmer(using WinPic software), it works fine with 16F877A, but not working with 30F2010.
Even tried with different version of WinPic....still the same problem.

Can anybody suggest possible fault or a new schematic + software working with dsPIC30F2010?

Thanks in advance

winpic

As mvs said you are wasting your time and money with the jdm programmers - not a hope with the dspics.

If you can program the 18Fs then you could program a 18F2550 and build yourself a clone of the Pickit2, circuits in the free Microchip Pickit2 User Guide, - but in the end that will probably cost you more than buying a genuine Microchip Pickit2 or a well supported clone like junebug etc.

Been there, done that, got the Pickits.

Status
Not open for further replies.