Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

It takes very long. synthesizngi a microprocessor Design in Cadence RTL compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaishankar

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I've synthesised individual modules in a microprocessor design. (with individual verilog modules.. like for alu, memory, etc.) All were working fine; in fact each of them were synthesised within a span of 60 seconds.
But, when I put it together it doesn't happen fast. I've run the software for about a one hour, the terminal shows -"sent 'cu' to server"
NOte: 'cu' is the top module in my design - cu is the control unit.
I think it is stuck with this module.. -> the gui status bar reads "computing design state".

Does it usually take this long to synthesise a simple single cycle microprocessor?

i'm using .. these verilog codes/ in this link -> https://thelinuxmaniac.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/code.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.