Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Issues with web cam application in Matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilkinsan

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
matlab pc cam

Hi All,

I have been studying on web cam application.

1)In the "main.m", I used setappdata(handles.himage,'UpdatePreviewWindowFcn',@ Processingeyedetection);...

2)In the "Processingeyedetection.m", I used:

function ProcessLeft(obj,event,himage)
%save the image into the temp to call again at the end of the program
temp=event.Data;
%PLACE-A
event.Data=temp;
%turn back into the main program
set(himage, 'CData', event.Data);

Result: It works fine,if there is no script PLACE-A. If there is scripts, the camera view becomes very slow. When I hands up, I show it after 14-15 seconds. (Meanwhile, the used RAM becomes close to around 100Mb.) When I disable PLACE-A, the program works normal, and show the memorized frames very fastly, then turn in normal speed. You can say that PLACE-A has a big computational load.

BUT!
I measured the processing time of PLACE-A, it is only 0.2 seconds. But, why I see that frame after 14-15 seconds. Is the problem in the main function? If it is about "main.m", why I don't have any trouble when there is no script in PLACE-A?

Thank you.
Best regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back