Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

isp programmer programming problem with AT89S8253

Status
Not open for further replies.

sachinkp21587

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello all. i am using ISP PROGRAMMER 1.2.0.53 for isp programming of my AT89S8253.
when ever the program is a small one its easily gets written to the chip. but now my program is of 10K size approx and now the programmer is stuck with some error that i have shown in the screen-shot. Please provide solution if anyone of you has been through the same or is aware of the solution. i am in some urgency coz of my product delivery. Thanks in advance guys.

Attachments

• ispprogrammer.bmp
    717 KB · Views: 123

I don't know this programmer but in general use the lowest possible programming speed you can and ensure your supplying 5v during programming to get be best chance of success. Some devices will get away with 3v but just to be sure.

I don't know this programmer but in general use the lowest possible programming speed you can and ensure your supplying 5v during programming to get be best chance of success. Some devices will get away with 3v but just to be sure.

joeyla thanks for reply. i can not change the programming speed as i am using 11.0592MHz crystal for the oscillation and the same is to be selected for proper communication. and for 5v ensuring i have used buffer between pc and my board that is being powered by my own power supply of 5v.

Could you possibly swap out the crystal for say a 4Mhz and try programming with that. Put back your crystal then for program execution. I know it's a hassle to change crystal but could point you in the right direction for fault finding.

I think you were using Keil IDE for this so during Hex file creation check Use On Chip ROM. Just try it. Because i was also facing this type problem for AT89C52.

Rajbabu

really sorry to for replying so late. actually somehow my project went through the whole programming process and my project got completed.
But still i have not got the problem sorted out by applying any of the methods.
out of 50 times it gets programmed properly only once.
I need in circuit programming only.

I used 2006 and 2007 version and i think the programmer is good, but i am not sure with this newer version (I haven't used it anymore since i didn't have LPT port). Please check cable connection, don't make too long cable (my last cable about 60 cm), try lower and lower frequency although you use 11,0592 MHz crystal.

dear MR ARCH, i have checked the connections and the cable length. i have small as well as big cables.
and actually the problem occures proportionally to the size of code. it starts programming and in between it stops showing some write error.
and presently i am using version 1.2.0.56

Status
Not open for further replies.