Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Is this ic produce Full wave or half wave ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamech

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I have found this datasheet for a bridge rectifier :

https://www.ram-e-shop.com/ds/general/KBP307_Bridge.pdf

In the beginning I intended to use it instead of building the rectifier circuit, but after I had a look over the the datasheet, I really got confused.
It is written in datasheet something about half wave.(does this mean it is half wave rectifier ?then how it produces pure DC ?)
Also I thought that it may have internal capacitor to reduce ripple.

Another weird thing, that I have read in the beginning of datasheet:
"Voltage range 50 to 1000 volts"

Why does it have a minimum range? I was intending to use it to rectify an AC 6 volts. Does this mean that it will not work?

Thanks

It comes in several versions with MAXIMUM ratings of 50V to 1000V. Any of them will work fine at 6V. It is a full wave bridge rectifier. References to half wave or half cycles are simply for the purposes or specifications and ratings. You need to add a smoothing capacitor to get pure DC from it and even then you will have ripple if you don't use a regulator.

Keith

Reactions: mamech

mamech

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back