Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is this correct method to calculate the Ah of the battery ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
20Ah battery would be enough for 1 Amps total load for your PC .
If UPS voltage conversion effiency is high and with good battery maybe 15Ah is sufficient charge.

An approximate measurement of a battery’s ability to provide energy i.e it’s charge capacity, is it’s rating in ampere hours (Ah) or amp hours.

So a 100 Ah battery will produce 100 amps for 1 hour.

This capacity can be divided up any way you choose.

100 Ah could produce 1 amp for 100 hours, or 50 amps for 2 hours, 4 amps for 25 hours or 25 amps for 4 hours etc.

Battery capacity (Ah) = Current drawn (I) x Time (H)

or you could cross multiply and get..

Time = Battery capacity / Current drawn

Current drawn = Battery capacity / Time

So when choosing a battery for your set up, you need to know how many amps you will be drawing and for how long.

An approximate measurement of a battery’s ability to provide energy i.e it’s charge capacity, is it’s rating in ampere hours (Ah) or amp hours.
So a 100 Ah battery will produce 100 amps for 1 hour.
This capacity can be divided up any way you choose.
100 Ah could produce 1 amp for 100 hours, or 50 amps for 2 hours, 4 amps for 25 hours or 25 amps for 4 hours etc.
Battery capacity (Ah) = Current drawn (I) x Time (H)
or you could cross multiply and get..
Time = Battery capacity / Current drawn
Current drawn = Battery capacity / Time
So when choosing a battery for your set up, you need to know how many amps you will be drawing and for how long.

That works fine for a relatively slow discharge, but when you draw high currents batteries will show their inherent non-linearly. See mister_rf's previous post for some good reading.

to powermanonboard

before write your comments read allways all previous posts
your text is not true !!!
Why so , that is one of the main points in this discussion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back