Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there is interfaces support up to 80 MSPs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bustigo

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to take Samples upto 80 MSPs during this period i want to make processing and send data to PC ? can i do that is this rates in FPGA, Interface with PC

Do you mean analog to digital sampling? Yes, you can do that. And, yes this is well within the capabilities of FPGAs. As far as sending it to the pc, you'll either need to use gigabit ethernet, or some other protocol, depending on what the data rate to the pc is.

I have done upto 125MSP\s using Analog device ADC and transferred into a host device (ARM controller) using Virtex-4 FPGA. Sampling was easier since it was a parallel high speed ADC, however for PC interface you might need PCI or PCIe interface. Using ethernet is another option, but it is good if you use PCIe, since it can be easily interfaced in backplane of the Mobo. Many dev boards do come with this interface.

I have done upto 125MSP\s using Analog device ADC and transferred into a host device (ARM controller) using Virtex-4 FPGA. Sampling was easier since it was a parallel high speed ADC, however for PC interface you might need PCI or PCIe interface. Using ethernet is another option, but it is good if you use PCIe, since it can be easily interfaced in backplane of the Mobo. Many dev boards do come with this interface.

When you say "send it to a pc" you mean your board is separate from the PC, right? If so, the PCIe solution is not relevant. If the board IS on the motherboard, that's much easier, as xtcx says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back