Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there anybody can tell me how to simulate a MDAC?thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

careking

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have designed a 3 bit MDAC applied in 12bit ADC with 20M Sampling rate. But which simulator I should apply? Spectre on Transient response or DC sweep? or SpectreRF on PSS? The MDAC's rough schematic is attached in the followed attachment. Thank a lot in advance.

Re: Is there anybody can tell me how to simulate a MDAC?than

careking said:
I have designed a 3 bit MDAC applied in 12bit ADC with 20M Sampling rate. But which simulator I should apply? Spectre on Transient response or DC sweep? or SpectreRF on PSS? The MDAC's rough schematic is attached in the followed attachment. Thank a lot in advance.

transient simulation , spectre

i don't think transient simulation is the right way, because when i simulated it, there are some problems i have gotten. For example, the simulator told me should define a design variable "u" firstly. I just wonder where the "u" is come from( the outlog showed that the "u" is a top-level parameter, then I randomly give a value to this "u". And I got a outlog as following:"
"input.scs" xxx: Statement is not in spectre format.
Why? Is there some wrongs with my model file?
thanks.

Re: Is there anybody can tell me how to simulate a MDAC?than

careking said:
i don't think transient simulation is the right way, because when i simulated it, there are some problems i have gotten. For example, the simulator told me should define a design variable "u" firstly. I just wonder where the "u" is come from( the outlog showed that the "u" is a top-level parameter, then I randomly give a value to this "u". And I got a outlog as following:"
"input.scs" xxx: Statement is not in spectre format.
Why? Is there some wrongs with my model file?
thanks.

I have run the transient simulations on similar circuits. As to what you said,
netlist or model file have the undefined parameter. you can set u to a number,the transient simulation can go on. however, where the parameter come from should be identified.

thank for your kind,bless u:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back