Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there any methodto display ohm on lcd with adc 0804

Status
Not open for further replies.

desmond

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all

Is there any method(program) to display ohm on lcd with adc 0804..........i have no idea.....can I do that ???

thx a lot

You mean the word ohm or the symbol Ω ?
--
Amr Ali

Hi

i mean the value of ohm

Added after 1 minutes:

is it possible to do that ???

You will print numerical values, right?
--
Amr

desmond said:
hi all,,Is there any method(program) to display ohm on lcd with adc 0804..........i have no idea.....can I do that ??? thx a lot
I guess you missed the micro in between. A LCD can be interfaced only with a microcontroller which is interfaced to the ADC. Yes you can do that but you need to write a source code for the micro and display the value on the LCD. Keeping the Ω constant, you may change K/M in respect to the values...Cheers

for example..............i would like to read the value let say 100 ohm resistor display on lcd............is it possible ???

and how to connect with 8051 and adc 0804 ??? is it just like the connection as voltmeter ???

desmond said:
for example..............i would like to read the value let say 100 ohm resistor display on lcd............is it possible
Yes..why not? Display 100 and keep the Ω as constant. But you'll have to write a source code for the 8051 to do that.

desmond said:
and how to connect with 8051 and adc 0804 ??? is it just like the connection as voltmeter ???
You'll have to connect those pins which will communicate with the ADC for which they are programmed. Why the voltmeter came in between?:idea:

Hi pranam77

i cant use the voltmeter, cos my sensor is limited to current..............so what i can do is measured the ohm instead of voltage..........

can u give me some hint how to connect to 8051 and adc 0804 ......

by the way....i have write some source code to display the voltage......is it the same way to do it to ohmmeter ????

thx a lot

Hi desmond,
You can use your ADC0804 with +/- 5V input for full sensing range, or 0...+5V input with some basis value, pls refer to pages 13 or 8 and sensors datasheet too...
www.national.com/ds/DC/ADC0801.pdf
You will receive the circuit from me.
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.