Is there a way to take an entire component off of the tCream layer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blankk

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I don't want to modify the library part if possible - is there another way?

Hi,

is it possible .. to get a detailed descripion of what you want to know?

What are you talking about?

Software?
Pictures?
Library?

"Life is valued treasure time" This isn´t only true for you, it is true for us, too. Therefore: Stick to it.

Klaus

Hi
Sorry for lacking of detailed info
I'm talking about the Eagle software, because of the tCream layer, so I didn't mentioned the software name.
Is there a way needn't to create a new component without that layer, based on the old component?

Hi,

TCream is automatically generated from the SMD pads.

You don't even have to add it in the library. And I don't know how to avoid it, maybe by drawing a rectangle in the Top layer and the same rectangle at the tStop layer.

What's the problem with the tCream? Why do you want to avoid it?

Klaus

You can make a copy of the package and replace the pads by a pad definition with disabled solderpaste.

That's possibly with any full featured layout tool. According to user manual, it should work with Eagle, too.

Reactions: blankk

blankk

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,

I agree .. that´s the easy way ;-)
It´s the way to go.

Btw:
Copying the device from the original librrary to YOUR library is very easy.
* Open YOUR library
* goto the control panel window.
* select the original library
* RIGHT mouse click to select the device of interest - select "copy into library" (= YOUR library, because it is still open in the library window)

* then modify the package in YOUR library.

* to include th new device in the board:
* you can either delete the old one and add a new one, then you have to rout all the air wires.
* or you can use "replace" instruction: slect YOUR library, select the modified device, click on the original device in the board window. (tOrigins must be enabled)

Klaus

Reactions: blankk

blankk

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…