Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there a way to take an entire component off of the tCream layer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blankk

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I don't want to modify the library part if possible - is there another way?

Hi,

is it possible .. to get a detailed descripion of what you want to know?

What are you talking about?

Software?
Pictures?
Library?

"Life is valued treasure time" This isn´t only true for you, it is true for us, too. Therefore: Stick to it.

Klaus

Hi
Sorry for lacking of detailed info
I'm talking about the Eagle software, because of the tCream layer, so I didn't mentioned the software name.
Is there a way needn't to create a new component without that layer, based on the old component?

Hi,

TCream is automatically generated from the SMD pads.

You don't even have to add it in the library. And I don't know how to avoid it, maybe by drawing a rectangle in the Top layer and the same rectangle at the tStop layer.

What's the problem with the tCream? Why do you want to avoid it?

Klaus

You can make a copy of the package and replace the pads by a pad definition with disabled solderpaste.

That's possibly with any full featured layout tool. According to user manual, it should work with Eagle, too.

Reactions: blankk

blankk

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,

I agree .. that´s the easy way ;-)
It´s the way to go.

Btw:
Copying the device from the original librrary to YOUR library is very easy.
* Open YOUR library
* goto the control panel window.
* select the original library
* RIGHT mouse click to select the device of interest - select "copy into library" (= YOUR library, because it is still open in the library window)

* then modify the package in YOUR library.

* to include th new device in the board:
* you can either delete the old one and add a new one, then you have to rout all the air wires.
* or you can use "replace" instruction: slect YOUR library, select the modified device, click on the original device in the board window. (tOrigins must be enabled)

Klaus

Reactions: blankk

blankk

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back