Is there a way to just show the EM response of a reflector, excluding the feed?

xingdachen

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In HFSS,

I want to study a surface reflector's corresponding gain, reflection coefficient, and far-field equidistance phase shift due to various surface curvatures.

So I set up a simulation with two antennas: A) a curved antenna (dipole), this is the target reflector I am interested in, it is passive with no excitation. B) a regular dipole feed antenna at some distance away from the curve antenna, this is the feed, and it is active with wave port excitation.

For each antenna, I created a radiation box with FE-BI boundary to each. I then ran the simulation. It successfully ran.

However, for the result, I cannot generate far-field or near-field results from any particular radiation box. It seems like the far-field and near-field result is the result of both the feed antenna and reflective antenna combined. Is this true? and is there any way to observe the gain, reflection coefficient, and far-field equidistance phase shift of my reflective antenna only (with incident wave due to feed antenna, of course)? I am open to completely re-do my simulation design.

Here is an attached screenshot of my simulation, above antenna is my feed dipole with excitation, and below is my passive reflective antenna:

And the far-field gain plot looks like this:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…