Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there a way to just show the EM response of a reflector, excluding the feed?

xingdachen

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In HFSS,

I want to study a surface reflector's corresponding gain, reflection coefficient, and far-field equidistance phase shift due to various surface curvatures.

So I set up a simulation with two antennas: A) a curved antenna (dipole), this is the target reflector I am interested in, it is passive with no excitation. B) a regular dipole feed antenna at some distance away from the curve antenna, this is the feed, and it is active with wave port excitation.

For each antenna, I created a radiation box with FE-BI boundary to each. I then ran the simulation. It successfully ran.

However, for the result, I cannot generate far-field or near-field results from any particular radiation box. It seems like the far-field and near-field result is the result of both the feed antenna and reflective antenna combined. Is this true? and is there any way to observe the gain, reflection coefficient, and far-field equidistance phase shift of my reflective antenna only (with incident wave due to feed antenna, of course)? I am open to completely re-do my simulation design.

Here is an attached screenshot of my simulation, above antenna is my feed dipole with excitation, and below is my passive reflective antenna:

Capture1.PNG

And the far-field gain plot looks like this:
Capture2.PNG

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back