Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

is there a tool to design RF circuits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

molloy

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cam350v80

I hope it is correct to put this question here:
i have many problems in designing the pc boards i simulate because i dont find any useful tool that can design RF circuits. In my job i use for pcb a tool by Zuken (PWS) but it is so difficult to design RF circuit that i usually prefer AUTOCAD and so i am obliged in design even supplying parts with autocad. Anyone can suggest a tool to design RF circuits?
thank you

me too!!

Try using MWOffice, official web site is www.mwoffice.com
You must register to use demo software.
All PCB lines in simulation files, e.g. microstrip lines, bends, etc. can be viewed in layout, you can define packages for semiconductors and ICs too. After you finish layout, you can export it as common Gerber format.

Hi
you can use sonnet for fast rf-pcb design I try to use the MWoffice but I see sonnet is better

Also You can use the E@gleW@re Genesys or @DS, but @DS is very complex program.

Best regards,
Kit-the-great

Sorry, but maybe i was not so clear: i meant a pcb board designer for RF circuits, and so a tool to design the layout of RF circuits. When the circuit is a bit more complicated is tedious to use the layout tool of MWOFFICE for istance and at the same time using a tool like AUTOCAD requires a previous study and it is not useful for the supply and filtering part of the circuit.
thank you
stefano

PCB Controlled impedance design system
Please vist
https://www.polarinstruments.com/
for pcb layout tool,
You can use protel,power pcb,pcad.....and more.
For RF circuit simulation,use ansoft serenade,ADS,Sonnet,Genesys,MWO,CST......

Good luck

wyl

AutoCad is the best

I have been using the following approach to design microwave boards:

1- All critical parts of the circuit as input and output matching, filters and other structures are designed within a 2D electromagnetic simulator (I use Sonnet).
2- After to get the specs I am looking forward, I export this critical tracks to ACad (dxf) where the non-critical routing is made. Sometimes due to footprint constraints some critical tracks have to be changed. In this case I export again to dxf and import into Sonnet.
3- A new round of electromagnetic simulation is made and again new changes are possible. The re-simulated structure is exported to dxf and imported to ACAD again.
4- Normally in the second interaction all looks good and the Gerber files are generated from ACad. But sometimes the items 2 and 3 need to be repeated and this should be done so that all specs are fulfilled.

I have tried several other approaches but from some years ago on this is the approach I have been using very successfully, even for complex microwave boards.

Remember: There is no graphical editor like ACad!

NandoPG

try Agilent ADS2002

ADS2002 is a total solution for microwave and RF circuit design.

www.agilent.com :arrow:

sonnet is good;and the world first grade.

You can use powerpcb and RFKit to layout the RF circuit.
Then use aplac to simulation.
Aplac can import powerpcb file.

You can use MWO then turn to protel.

simulation by ADS2002,I think it's gook idea

CAM350V80,be used to translate the DXF to protel.
So it is a good tools.

I design my microwave circuit using autocad too.

for RF PCB design, use Mentor EN(Boardstation) and Agilent ADS only.

How about ADS by Agilent , costly but a market leader ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back