Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there a MCU that outputs 0 on all ports upon reset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashking

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello mates

Is there a microcontroller that outputs low when it is reseted ?

the atmel 89c51 outputs high on all ports upon reset and that will make some trouble with my circuit

thanks

Just invert the output using diode? :)

Hello mates

Is there a microcontroller that outputs low when it is reseted ?

the atmel 89c51 outputs high on all ports upon reset and that will make some trouble with my circuit

thanks

AVR, PIC, etc..

Just invert the output using diode? :)

thanks but gates and inverters would increase the complexity and the unreliability of the circuit,however if you know a reliable ic that works under moderate power then please help me

AVR, PIC, etc..

thanks I will try to use one of them

Last edited:

Your problem seems to be more that the IOs are configured as input after a reset. For an 8051 the output transistor (open collector)
is open after a reset and you'll see a high because of the internal pull-up resistor.
When using e.g. a PIC there is no internal pull-up resistor. So this input pin (that's what it is after a reset) is floating between high and low.
The only thing you can do is adding an external pull-down resistor to have a defined low-level after reset.

The only thing you can do is adding an external pull-down resistor to have a defined low-level after reset.
That would be fine.
Regards,
Jerin.

Your problem seems to be more that the IOs are configured as input after a reset. For an 8051 the output transistor (open collector)
is open after a reset and you'll see a high because of the internal pull-up resistor.
When using e.g. a PIC there is no internal pull-up resistor. So this input pin (that's what it is after a reset) is floating between high and low.The only thing you can do is adding an external pull-down resistor to have a defined low-level after reset.
thanks for the details

but should I use the pull down resistor with the pic only or youe meant that it is good for bith 8051 and pic ? and do you suggest a value ?

Last edited:

I'm starting to sound like a salesman - sorry !

Try the mikroElectronica web site - they have a whole book online.
Also I highly recommend their free compiler/IDE.

jack

Just understand the instructions fro PIC & read the users manual for MPLAB. Do the code oe your own. Post the doubts here. Get it answered & keep ROCKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Regards,
Jerin. :) ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.