Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is the programmer circuit same for both AT89c51 and AT89c52

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venkata Krishna

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
89c51 programmer circuit

i want to know about the programmer circuit of AT89c52. After i want through the datasheet i realised that 89c51 and 89c52 are similar can we use same programmer circuit for both??

at89s52 instruction set

So far I haven't seen one that wouldn't program both .. after all the main difference between them is in memory size and third timer, but this has nothing to do with programming ..
Regards,
IanP

at89c51 programmer circuit

AT89C52 has larger program memory size than AT89C51 (52 has 8Kbytes program memory while 51 has 4Kbytes ). AT89C51 has only 2 timers/counters but AT89C52 has 3 ...
However, AT89C52 instruction set is very similar to AT89C51.
Some friends has told me that from now 89C will be manufatured less and less. I think you should try using AT89S52, it has more advantages than 89C while their instruction set are the same.

at89c52 programmer

Dear Venkata,
The programmer is same for AT89c/s51/52/53/55 & 1051/2051/4051
Only one programmer can program all the listed devices.

isp at89s52 flash programer circuit

It is not hardware but the software which checks for the connected IC and to program it. First of all any programmer checks for the checksum and then decide the program memory. Each of these ICs have a unique checksum so as to distinguish the program memory available. So the hardware is nothing but a firmware IC and a serial communication RS232 interface with the PC.
And so are the universal programmers. :)
It is the software which is playing vital role in programming the chip.

Sarang

differences between at89c51 and at89c52

Hai

89C51 programmer requires more hardware means more time for you to build one and to make it work .

**broken link removed**

see this link .

it is a simple ISP programmer for 89S series chips.

Same as 89C series as far as a beginner is concerned.

if you can get 89S51 or 89S52 in your area forget about 89C51 at least for begining.

Construct this simple programmer and start learning .

After that when you are in production you can port the same programe to 89C series which is little cheeper.

picstudent

difference between at89s51 and at89s52

Hi,
Programmer can support both devices easily,

Programming related difference between 89C51 and 89C52 is the size of flash and signature.

Signature of 89C51 is 0x51 and 89C52 is 0x52, otherwise programming algorithm remains same for both ICs.

I had a look at source code this 89 series programmer from Sunrom and they have same algorithm for programming both chips.

**broken link removed**

Best Regards,

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.