Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is the Ethernet port networkable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justinli

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If my LCD does not have wifi/Bluetooth installed yet but has an Ethernet port, can I connect to the network through the Ethernet port?

QQ图片20210803182012.jpg

The ethernet port hardware is not all that is required to connect to the network. Typically you also need a controller chip plus the software in the CPU. If you have those then you can make the network connection.
I can see the '11FB-05NL' chip on your board which is a LAN transformer (i.er. it contains the magnetics required for the ethernet) so it might be you are OK. HOwever that is still very much at the lower levels of the OSI layers.
What you need for WiFi and Buletooth is quite different a the lower OSI levels so not having those really has nothing to do with the ethernet.
Susan

Hi,

This clearly is a question for the datasheet or manufacturer.

Klaus

I see contradicting information. According to datasheet, ethernet version of the device should have part code STWI070WT-01N rather than STWI070WT-01. On the other hand, the ethernet jack is declared optional. So as your device is equipped with the jack, the ethernet function may be present. Why not simply check?

Oh yes, this network port is available, but it seems that it is not open to users yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back