Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

is SSO noise same as ground bounce?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moreusd

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
www.actel.com overshoot

as the topic

sso noise

May i know wht is the SSO noise..

opamp741 said:
Simutaneous Switching Output noise

could someone tell me what does the SSO noise inculde after I give the different switching input signal?I mean what should I measure?

i think its not the same bcaz ur SSO noise can create supply bounce too..

Hi,

Here is a good article to read on.

**broken link removed**

moreusd said:
opamp741 said:
Simutaneous Switching Output noise

could someone tell me what does the SSO noise inculde after I give the different switching input signal?I mean what should I measure?
SSO noise is generally measured by putting the same data pattern on all but one data line. That line is the victim. Leave it quiet (test with constant logic "0", and with constant logic "1") while you measure the noise on that line with an oscilloscope.
You can also put a different data pattern on the victim, and look at jitter on the eye diagram of that data.
You may want to try a variety of data patterns on the aggressor lines.

moreusd

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hello:

h**p://www.actel.com/documents/SSO.pdf

The document has been removed.
Could anyone provide it for me?
Thanks!

slchen

SSO = simultaneous switching output
SSON = simultaneous switching output noise

There are two cases. Take an example of 8bit output
(1) All 8-bit switching with the same frequency and toggle 1 and 0. You need to measure the overshoot/undershoot/+-ve ringback/-ve ringback
(2) 7-bit switching with 1-bit quiet at 1 and 0 for two cases. Measure the quiet bit for +ve bounce and -ve bounce.

Why we do that? Because we need to understand if the bouncing level will falsely trigger the logic input. Say if you have TTL L input is 0.8V. If your bouncing is higher than 0.8V, you will get wrong logic trigger.

When u do simulation, remember to include RLC package model for power/ground and the IO pin, otherwise, it's not realistic. Also better add transmission line model when doing simulation. All need to add realistic output loading

Status
Not open for further replies.