Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is Nucleus RTOS a bootable OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amraldo

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
AA,
Is Nucleus like Linux & windows? I mean is it a bootable OS & we can run the application after the OS is booted or it has to be statically linked to the application?
Regards,
Amr Ali.

Nucleus RTOS

I think the application should be statically link to Nucleus core,like we do for uCOS-II.

Re: Nucleus RTOS

AA,
Please thse who worked with Nucleus or sure of their answer are welcome to reply
Regards,
Amr Ali.

Nucleus RTOS

Hi Amr,
Yes Nucleus is needed to be statically linked to execute the application. But it can also be burn to the ROM to the starting address where PC is placed after reset and from there Nucleus can start its execution(without needing a Boot Loader).
Also I think in Linux as well the Boot Loader and the Operating system are separate things. In linux the Boot Loader does specific initializations and then the control can be transferred to the Linux Kernel.In RTOSes this can also be done but your application is needed to be statically linked.
Please tell me if you need to know something else.

jinics

Nucleus RTOS

Plus has DDL (dynamic download) feature. That lets you download application through serial port. But i have never used it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back