Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is my battery charger idea feasible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hkBattousai

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to design a microcontroller based battery charger circuit. I'm planning it to work like this :

Charge the batteries for 59 seconds, then stop charging and connect a 4.7kΩ load for 1 second, and measure the voltage level at the end of this 1 second interval. If the voltage level is below the desired level, go on processing this 60 second interval, until batteries are fully charged.

Times and load specifications are given as an example, I will decide the optimum values later. Can you tell me if I can make a battery charger circuit with this method? How does the commercial models work, are they similar to my model?

The commercial Model normally works (many ways and dependent on battery type but i will write one) like this: the charger initial give max current (a battery specs can tell how much) as fast charging and monitor its voltage temp too. If some thing going behond the limit, it will reduce the current. Fast charging continue until the voltage reaches its 90% of max limits, then it supplies low current (trikle charge) for rest of charging. Again I remind, this is one method and also it depends on the battery type etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back