Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it possible to use MATLAB simulink for gesture recognition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkpatel0071

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My project idea is that i want to detect some gesture in real time using FPGA ML402 board and camera interface with that board. So, i want to know that is there any block in MATLAB simulink for gesture recognition usnig FPGA?

I doubt its there an algorithm for it in simulink - you'll have to build it yourself.
As for doing it on an FPGA - simulink HDL coder only supports a subset (small set) of simulink blocks - so make sure you use the blocks that make the algorithm compatible.

I think the project that you are talking is quite big ..... you need to break down it properly first ..... First you need real time capture of video from Camera will be one module in the FPGA... then you need to have Gesture detection module ( algorithmic) and then you need some way of output module for representing the detected gesture and input video captured too.....So In my view first tailor your requirement and scope..... then only you will be able to search for right software for simulation or design...... As TrickyDiicky said the work for gesture detection will be bit algorithmic and matlab generally provide function, even in some cases of their examples use of function to develop the algorithms too..... So please look in this prospective in your search.....

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back