Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it possible to have Aspect ratio of less than 1 in analog circuit design i.e. W<L

Status
Not open for further replies.

shrikant_joshi7

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is it possible to have Aspect ratio of less than 1 in analog circuit design i.e. W<L

I am designing gain boosted Operational amplifier in Cadence which has gain of 76dB but the W/L ratios of many transistors are <1,is it allowed to have W<L?

yes,the minimum value of W is 120nm and L=100nm for 90nm technology in Cadence gpdk90.I m using 120nm width and 800nm length for some transistors.Is it appropriate to use this much high value of length.

I m using 120nm width and 800nm length for some transistors.Is it appropriate to use this much high value of length.

Yes, totally ok! Some simulation models would warn you if you'd use a too large (or too small) aspect ratio, because the sim. model then wouldn't be accurate enough, but this usually applies to (both) 20:1 ≦ W:L ≦ 1:20 .

Is it necessary to take the values of width and length to be a multiple of default minimum value.e.g default W=120nm and length=100nm for gpdk90,then can we take the width of a MOS equal to 140nm or it should be either 120/240/360.......

Is it necessary to take the values of width and length to be a multiple of default minimum value

No, not necessary -- you can take any value*) above.

*) The granularity of the layout grid sets a lower limit to resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back