Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it possible to decompile a labview executable (.exe)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sassyboy

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
labview decompiler

Hi, all! I have a piece of commercial labview-compiled software which a company has written specificly to my needs, but the company who supplied it has gone bust! The software contains several bugs and I would like to attempt to correct this. I guess the obvious way to do this is to decompile the .exe file back into LabVIEW codes and then correct the codes in LabVIEW, finally compile it back to .exe format. I have got the LabVIEW professional edition. I would be grateful if you would let me know if how I would decompile the .exe? Or is it possible?

Thanks in advance! Sassyboy.

labview to exe

Unfortunatelly, once compiled the LabView created executables can not be de-compiled to go back to VI(s) level ..
I wish you good luck in finding someone from that company who will be able to deliver to you LLB or VIs used to compile your application ..
Otherwise, you will have to create it from scratches ..

labview executable

Getting back the LAB View code seems to be out of reach. The only thing you can do to eradicate the bug is by using debugger (such as SoftICE) to trap the bug during execution, then analyse it using a disassembler (such as IDA Pro). This is the only way I can think of :(. Of course a little bit experience in reverse code engineering is needed to carry out this task.

Re: labview decompiler

How have you been doing? Are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back