Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it possible to adjust hysteresis of NCP304?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony_lth

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, ALL,
In NCP304 datasheet, the following method make me confused, as the following picture:
It seems the equation for calculated hysteresis is wrong.
I want to adjust hysteresis to more than 1V, say Vth- is 2.7V Vth+ is 3.7V, but the datasheet shows hysteresis only is about 0.35mV change.
What a confusion datasheet.
I checked several version of NCP304 datasheet, and found the same method and the data. So I should be wrong on adjusting hysteresis.
Is it possible to adjust hysteresis of NCP304 to more than 1V?

Attachments

• Hysteresis.PNG
    Hysteresis.PNG
    39.9 KB · Views: 100
  • NCP304-D-1815650.pdf
    296.3 KB · Views: 85

Hi,

the datasheet shows hysteresis only is about 0.35mV change.
I agree there is a mistake. The unit obviously should to be "V" instead of "mV".
Then 3.15V - 2.7V = 0.45V or better say 0.1V (from device) + 0.35V (from external circuitry)

To make it switch "ON" at 3.7V you just need to calculate the "voltage divider" in a way that 1V is across the obove resistor, when 2.7V are across the lower resistor. As raw estimation use: 1k0 and 2k7 resistors.

Klaus

tony_lth

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back